HEALTH Girl killed by sepsis after ‘gross failures’ of doctors

A TWO-YEAR-OLD girl died from ­sepsis due to the “gross failure” of doctors, a coroner has ruled after ­identifying 38 mistakes.

Marcie Tadman was being treated for pneumonia at the Royal United Hospital (RUH) in Bath when she ­suffered a fatal cardiac arrest on the morning of December 5, 2017.

Her death came just five months ­after her mother died from cancer.

Marcie, who had been taken to A&E by her father, James Tadman, two days previously, had been seen by seven doctors who were treating pneumonia as the main cause of her illness. All of them failed to consider sepsis, which causes multiple organ failure.

She was not reviewed by a doctor 
for 11-and-a-half hours after being ­examined in the afternoon.

Maria Voisin, senior coroner for the Avon area, concluded that the toddler died from natural causes contributed to by neglect.

Grahame White